Thursday, April 10, 2008

April 10, 2008 - Lilliput: my little friends

My friend and I went to a gallery opening in NoHo; gallery hanahou. The gallery show is called Lilliput - my little friends. The art featured the Blythe dolls! I've recently became obsessed with them and in fact, already own 3 plus 1 petite Blythe. The Blythes were all marching, like little cute zombies, towards a bed that visitors could jump in and lay in if they wanted, or sit. The artists who put the show together also took pictures of all guests and anyone brave enough to jump into bed. (Nobody literally jumped in) I laid in the bed but you won't see pictures of me here...



I think these dolls are just adorable. I can see why some people would think they are not so cute but they kind of grow on you. Especially when you see how many fans customize them. Also, the Blythes featured in the show are for sale at $250! I didn't buy one seeing as I already have 3 and have to take them out of the box yet. However, I did buy two books of the Blythes. I think they are catalogs of Blythe events that are organized by the official producers of the dolls after licenses was granted to CWC by Hasbro.

For a closer look at these cuties, visit the photo album.

No comments: