Sunday, January 13, 2008

January 12, 2008


I am slowly working my way to taking candid pictures of people. I think there is always something interesting in the faces and actions of people. There's a lot of expression and thoughts, even a story behind it.

Today was a nice day; cool but sunny and warm in the sun. I had a little sweet snack at Once Upon A Tart, a great little cafe that specializes in sweet and savory tarts. They also serve sandwiches and salads. I was sitting outside and placed my cammy on the table and took pictures of people as they walked by.

Later on the day/evening, I took pictures of the trash and graffiti on the trains. There are stories behind those artifacts left behind by people. Who was on the train, what they were reading, eating, doing, etc.

I also thought it would be interesting to document my bus ride home as people got off at their stops. Weekends aren't usually full with passengers. Sometimes there are tons of students that get on the bus; the bus passes by a popular university in Queens. Tonight was kind of quiet. Next time, I will try to document a crowded bus during rush hour. Rush hour can get really packed.

No comments: