Monday, January 28, 2008

January 28, 2008

This week is Restaurant Week in NYC. Participating restaurants are offering pre fixe menus at lunch and at dinner. Lunch cost $24.07 and I think dinner is $35. My colleagues and I went to lunch at Morimoto over in the Meatpacking District. Chef Morimoto is the fames Iron Chef for both Iron Chef (Japan) and Iron Chef America. These shows are shown on the Food Network and you can find out more information about these shows on their website. The interior of the restaurant is designed by world renowned Japanese architect Tadao Ando. The restaurant offers Japanese food with a non-Japanese twist. We each ordered the sushi entree. It was a very good portion. I was filled. The fish were not slimy or wet looking as is offered in other sushi restaurants. I had my camera for the lunch and took these photos.



For a closer look at the restaurant, take a look at the photo album.

No comments: