Sunday, March 16, 2008

March 15, 2008

I was in Soho today. It was a nice day. It wasn't too cold. I walked around a bit before heading over to Jersey City. I took some architectural pictures today. One is the Soho residential building designed Jean Nouvel! It's not as impressive as his other buildings in Paris and the restr of the world but I am impressed that NYC has a Jean Nouvel designed building.

For more information about the residential building, click here for the New York Times article. And another article from New York Magazine, click here. To learn more about Jean Nouvel, check out his website, Ateliers Jean Nouvel. He's one of my favorite contemporary architects!



Afterwards, I went over to the Sunrise Market to pick up some lunch. I was walking on the opposite side of Broome Street from Broadway and looked up at the building where the Sunrise Market is and noticed the building itself. It was a very handsome looking building. It looked like a castle of sorts. And I just loved the ornate details of heads and gargoyle like creatures that dotted the building facade.

And you're always encouraged to visit the photo album for a closer look of any of the pictures.

No comments: