Monday, May 12, 2008

May 10, 2008



I was busy taking pictures on Saturday. It was a very nice day with sun and a bit of warmth even though I was in a sweater. It rained the night before and even though it was sunny on Saturday, I knew it was not going to be a warm.
My walk started near Union Square. I turned down one of the tween streets and noticed one of the apartments had some colorful window treatments. And their fire escape had some lawn furniture set up for relaxation. I was within the NYU Village campus. I just adore the building along Washington Mews. It looks so European. I feel like I am in France somewhere. I wasn't too far from Union Square when I heard some jazz music playing nearby. I found a set of jazz musicians playing their instruments for a seated crowded. They were pretty good. I didn't stick around to watch them play. I continued down LaGuardia Place where I often pass by the community garden. The people who have access to the garden plant such colorful flowers. It's so lush in there. I love taking pictures of flowers...
I then made my way across the Hudson River to Jersey City. I was at Exchange Place waiting for Thomas. They were erecting a new residential building not too far from the Exchange Place Light Rail station. It's one of the more interesting looking residential towers rising around Jersey City. While I was waiting, I took a few more picture of flowers and captured this adorable little bird I've not seen in an urban setting. I followed it around before I was able to take a few pictures. As you can see, I had quite a busy day of site seeing...

No comments: