Monday, May 12, 2008

May 11, 2008

I have always said that there is always something going on in Union Square. It's pretty amazing. I don't know of any other place in NYC where various events are always taking place almost all the time, especially during the weekend. And the reason I am pointing this out is because of an event that I just happened upon.

On Sunday May 11, 2008 there was an event to recognize the Universal Fulan Dafa Day. A couple of weeks ago, there were Tibetan protesting against China and the 2008 Olympics. I just think it's just amazing how Union Square is used. And it's fitting as it is historically been a location for people to gather and protest some issue of the time. For more information on Union Square, NYC, click here.

Politics aside, I always enjoy watching the dragon and lion dances. I captured them on video and hope you enjoy them.





No comments: